- To be considered for admission, you have to submit your application via e-mail to the Program Coordinator (Nikola Karasová, email@example.com).
- The application timeline is following:
28 February 2018: Priority deadline
31 March 2018: Deadline for those needing visas for the Czech Republic
30 April 2018: Final application deadline
- Approx. 30 students will be admitted to the Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe Summer Seminar 2016.
- Applicants admitted to the program are expected to participate fully, which means attending all classes and lectures.
- A very good level of English is essential for successful participation in the summer seminar.
The application e-mail should contain:
- Your CV (in English language).
- A document proving your enrollment in a college or university or your graduation. For example a confirmation letter/form issued by your university, copies of relevant diplomas and transcripts, etc. A scan or a photo of such a document is sufficient. It may be submitted in the language in which it was originally issued. If we need a translation, we will ask for it.
- Proof of your knowledge of English (if you are not a native speaker). We require at least the B2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (http://www.linguanet-europa.org/pdfs/self-assessment-grid-en.pdf). You will be asked to send us either: a copy of a language exam certificate or an official confirmation that you have passed a university course in English or another course in English at the required level. In case you study/studied an academic program, which is being taught entirely in English, the document proving your enrollment or graduation will be considered as a proof of your knowledge of English.
- Letter of motivation explaining your interest in the summer seminar.
Applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as early as possible. Those who apply early will receive first consideration for both admission and scholarship decisions.
Decisions on admission
- Decisions on admission are made according the criteria described below.
- All applicants will be notified of admission decisions by e-mail, latest within two weeks after each respective deadline. Admitted participants will be asked to pay their respective tuition fees within 10 days after the decision notification.
- The possibility of a second round acceptance occurs in case of previously admitted participants’ unability to come or to fulfill their financial duties.
Criteria for decisions on admission
- Your interest in the topic of the summer seminar (your field of study at the university, jobs and internships, volunteering, other summer schools, etc.)
- Your year of study (more advanced students are being preferred)
- Intercultural competence (knowledge of foreign languages, experience of living, studying or working abroad, etc.)
If you would experience problems with e-mail communication, you can also apply via post or fax:
Program Coordinator (Nikola Karasová)
Institute of international Studies
Tel: (+420) 251 080 250
Fax: (+420) 251 620 294
Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe Summer Seminar 2016
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
CZ-110 00 Praha 1