- To be considered for admission, you have to submit your application via e-mail to the Program Coordinator (Nikola Karasová, email@example.com).
- The application deadline is April 24, 2016
- Approx. 30 students will be admitted to the Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe Summer Seminar 2016.
- Applicants admitted to the program are expected to participate fully, which means attending all classes and lectures.
- A very good level of English is essential for successful participation in the summer seminar.
- Please note: Early Birds Fellowship (-20%) available
The application e-mail should contain:
- Your CV (in English language).
- A document proving your enrollment in a college or university or your graduation. For example a confirmation letter/form issued by your university, copies of relevant diplomas and transcripts, etc. A scan or a photo of such a document is sufficient. It may be submitted in the language in which it was originally issued. If we need a translation, we will ask for it.
- Proof of your knowledge of English (if you are not a native speaker). We require at least the B2 level of The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (http://www.linguanet-europa.org/pdfs/self-assessment-grid-en.pdf). You will be asked to send us either: a copy of a language exam certificate or an official confirmation that you have passed a university course in English or another course in English at the required level. In case you study/studied an academic program, which is being taught entirely in English, the document proving your enrollment or graduation will be considered as a proof of your knowledge of English.
- Letter of motivation explaining your interest in the summer seminar.
Reception of your application will be confirmed as soon as possible by the Program Coordinator. If not, use other contacts listed below.
Decisions on admission
- Decisions on admission are made according the rounds described below.
- After the application deadline, admitted participants will be informed and asked to pay their respective tuition fees in 10 days.
- The possibility of a second round acceptance occurs in case of previously admitted participants’ unability to come or to fulfill their financial duties.
Criteria for decisions on admission
- Your interest in the topic of the summer seminar (your field of study at the university, jobs and internships, volunteering, other summer schools, etc.)
- Your year of study (more advanced students are being preferred)
- Intercultural competence (knowledge of foreign languages, experience of living, studying or working abroad, etc.)
If you would experience problems with e-mail communication, you can also apply via post or fax:
Program Coordinator (Nikola Karasová)
Institute of international Studies
Tel: (+420) 251 080 250(+420) 251 080 250
Fax: (+420) 251 620 294
Nationalism, Religion and Violence in Europe Summer Seminar 2016
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences
Smetanovo nabrezi 6
CZ-110 00 Praha 1