The Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence organized by Charles University in Prague and Aristiotle University in Thessaloniki, supported by the LSEE, PRIO and CEFRES, successfully completed its fifth year. A key goal of the next Summer Seminar, taking place in Prague in June 2018, will be to contribute in a substantial way to the study of violence and to catalyze the growth of the study of violence as a field.
- led by the best international researchers in the field
- bringing together lecturers from the most prestigious institutions such as USHMM, Sciences Po, University of Montreal or George Washington University
- targeting students and graduates of Political Science, History, Anthropology, International Relations, International Law, Journalism & other related disciplines
- course for both undergraduates, (post)graduate students and activists
- taking place at the oldest university in Central Europe
More information on the programme is coming soon!
"I am very grateful as you value the knowledge and ideas, no matter where they came from. Thank you so much!"
Alejandra Ortiz-Ayala, Colombia (2016)
"Wonderfully organized, great topics and lectures. Truly a life changing experience. Thank you so much for this opportunity!"
Amanda Nichols, USA (2016)
"Challenging and enlightening lectures, wonderful team, beautiful city…what else?"
Thomas Sommer-Houdeville, France (2016)
"I really enjoyed this programme. It was engaging, interesting and challenging. I have learned a lot in the past two weeks and it has made me excited to go back into academia and begin looking into PhD programmes."
Maria-Luiza Lucescu, Romania (2016)
"All of the lecturers were professional and engaging. I feel like I learned a bit of new European history and also got my brain thinking about old ideas in new ways."
Kelsey Lizotte, USA (2016)
"I don't think I could have asked for more! This was such a nice programme, both in and out of the classroom!"
Lillian Hussong, USA (2016)
"...I gained a lot. I wish it could have been longer.”
Nefeli Stournara, Greece (2014)
"Great mixture of classroom learning and fieldwork..."
Yannis-Adam Allouache, Canada (2014)
"This has changed my life forever!"
Kelsay Foust, USA (2014)
"Another 'speed-up' in my life! Thank you a million times."
Tereza Auzká, Czech Republic (2014)
"Only positive impressions."
Klaartje Lecomte, Belgium (2014)