The Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and Violence (June 18-29, 2018) organized by the Charles University in Prague and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, supported by the CEFRES–French Research Center in Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Slavonic and East European Studies (UCL), University of Birmingham, Humboldt University of Berlin and the Institute for the Study of Strategic Regions is ready to launch its sixth year with a special focus on the topics of ethnic and religious diversity, migration, and transformation. A key goal of the Summer Seminar is to contribute in a substantial way to the study of violence and to catalyze the growth of the study of violence as a field.
- led by the best international researchers in the field
- bringing together lecturers from the most prestigious institutions such as Humboldt University of Berlin, Central European University (Budapest), the University of Birmingham, the University of Manchester, the University of Pennsylvania, Eötvös Loránd University (Budapest) and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- targeting students and graduates of Political and Social Science, History, Ethnic and Religious Studies, Philology, Journalism & other related disciplines
- course for graduate, post-graduate students and activists
- taking place at the oldest university in Central Europe